Label Academy Master Class: Shrink Sleeve Technology
WEDNESDAY 27 SEPTEMBER 2017
PRICE: €636 (INCLUDING VAT)
Learn about shrink sleeve technology, markets and applications from the experts. Gain a clear understanding of the design and origination requirements; find out about suitable shrinkable films; review the different printing processes and how to select them; gain an appreciation of the latest converting technologies and specialized applications; find out about sleeve performance and quality, including troubleshooting and fault finding.
This five-hour master class will be presented by Mike Fairley, along with other leading experts from the field of shrink sleeve materials and technology. It is organized by the Label Academy, the global training and certification program for the label and package printing industry.
The price includes the master class as well as a copy of the text book (€125 if bought separately) and an opportunity to take an online exam afterwards to earn a Label Academy certificate (€235 if bought separately).
For everyone's benefit, seating is strictly limited. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
WED 27 SEPTEMBER
09:00Introduction to sleeves and sleeve technology
- What is sleeving and why is it used?
- Identifying the different types of sleeves
- Key market sectors, market size and trends
09:30Design and origination for sleeve labels
- Container and design considerations
- Creating die-lines and supplying artwork
- Positioning of barcodes, proofing and plates
10:30Substrates and their usage
- Exploring shrinkable film types and their characteristics
- Understanding usage considerations
- Performance requirements and special feature films
11:15Printing ink technologies for sleeves
- Considering the different printing processes: UV and WB flexo, gravure and digital
- Process selection for proper inks
- Special feature ink options
12:30Converting and application technology
- Slitting, seaming, inspection, application and shrink steps
- Understanding the process and getting it right
- Implementing tamper evident, security and brand protection features
13:15Ensuring the best results
- Performance and quality considerations
- Fault finding and trouble-shooting
- Successful case studies
Thank you to the Label Academy sponsors: