Pivot barcode grading system launching at Labelexpo Europe
Click on image to download high resolution version
Crest Solutions (stand 3B74) will be unveiling Pivot, the new, easy-to-use barcode grading system for thermal transfer labels.
Pivot ensures barcodes printed on Zebra thermal transfer industrial printers pass the required grade. Pivot is the latest innovation from Crest Solutions, the Irish-based company responsible also for the PrintInspector product which it says achieves 100% inspection of thermal transfer printed labels.
Barcode readability dictates the efficiency of our world. The rapid pace of the global economy depends on automated identification of product in motion/transit. Whether in automated production lines, packaging operations, warehousing, shipping, retail or e-commerce, everything that moves at speed through our connected world require barcodes to be kept on tracked and traced.
When those barcodes cannot be read by scanners due to poor printing grade, the movement slows to a fraction of normal pace while being manually checked. This causes packages to be delayed or lost, resulting in €millions in lost productivity, insurance pay-outs and damaged customer relations.
Pivot’s quality control system ensures every barcode on every label is checked at the point-of-printing, so that defective labels can be removed at source. And the re-imagining of how to use most up-to-date technology has resulted in innovations including:
· Automatic barcode detection: no label set-up required;
· Simple installation to the thermal transfer printer & network;
· On-board controller to run pivot application, no separate PC required;
· No software installation: cloud access to application;
· Results viewed via web browser on PC, tablet, or smartphone;
· “Resume” button allows zero software interaction: just remove the defective label and resume printing.